Saturday, March 19, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to my blog.  I will be sharing some technical insight, observations and even a few funny stories related to Ford and Mercury cars and trucks.  My love affair with Ford and Mercuries started with a 1962 Ford F100 at the age of 14.  Through the years I have had just about every vehicle they made; Mustang, Mustang II, Pinto, Granada, Monarch, Torino, Cyclone, Montego, Ranchero, LTD, Galaxy, F150, F100, F250.  Yes, I owned a Pinto and yes, it did catch fire, but that's another story.   I have restored them, wrecked them, dismantled them, used them for yard decoration, etc.  I do not consider my self an expert on anything.  I like to make observations and seek feedback from my peers.  I dismantle a large number of cars and have deemed myself to be a car-archaeologist or "carchaeologist".

My current  project is a 1969 Mustang fastback.  It is an M code with a 4 speed and power disk brakes.  My brother and I are entering year three of a one year project.  We expect it to be complete somewhere between year 4 and year 6.  With any car project, I believe it is the journey - not the destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home