Saturday, April 23, 2011

1970 1971 Torino Cyclone 429 Engine Mounts

Over the last few years I have gotten quite a few questions related to engine mounts for the 429 in the Torino, Cyclone and Ranchero.  This applies the Cobra Jet and N code versions of the 429.  I have seen listings for new and used mounts for this application and they are in fact for later model Torinos.  I pulled up some photos from some engine mounts removed from a N code Cyclone.  I also reviewed the Ford Master Parts manual.

The engine mount assembly consists of 4 parts: engine bracket, engine mount (or isolator), heat shield and frame mount.

The engine bracket bolts directly to the block.   The Ford service part numbers are D0OZ- 6030-A (right) and D0OZ-6031-A (left).  I could not find an interchange on this part.  The 71-73 Mustang 429 parts may be the same but I cannot confirm.

The engine mount or isolator is the same for left or right. The Ford service part number is D0ZZ-6038-D.   This part also seems to have no interchange.  I have seen some NOS parts listed on eBay in the past.
I could not find a part number for the heat shields.  I have parted out several 429 cars and have only found one car that had the shields in place.  This could be either a running design change or they were simply left off after an engine change.

The frame mount is the part that bolts to the unibody.  The mount is the same for the 351 C and 429.  I have taken detailed measurements of mounts removed from 351C and 429 cars and confirmed they are the same.

I have been unable to find any aftermarket or reproduction equivalents for these parts.  If anyone has any sources, please email me and I will update this post.

Engine Isolators, engine brackets and heat shields

Frame Mounts

Thanks to two readers, here are two sources for the isolators and engine mounts.



Both readers purchased these mounts and installed them.


1 Comments:

At May 7, 2014 at 12:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for such article that is full of interesting ................... PCV Valve.
http://www.enginemountbushings.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home