Sunday, August 21, 2011

1968 to 1971 Console Hump and Bucket Seat Support Installation

Parting out a 1968 Torino with an original console gave me a good opportunity to document the hump installation and bucket seat support bracket installation.

The cars with factory bucket seats had a special support installed for the inner, front seat stud for both seats.

The shifter hump is installed over a rather rough cut hole in the transmission tunnel.  This hole is made with a cutting torch at the factory from what I can tell.  Over the years, I have seen a great deal of variability in the size of this hole.  I have seen a few that were cut larger than the hump and the holes were sealed with putty.  The one in the photos is one of the neatest ones I have seen.  I have also noted that the rear of the cut out is always dented.  (See the photos with me pointing to the dent)










1 Comments:

At November 18, 2020 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Torinosaur Rex said...

Stacy, thanks for this info. I am in the process of converting a '69 Formal Roof Torino from a bench seat/ column shift car to a bucket seat/ floor shift column car. This info is exactly what I needed to do things right. Do you happen to have a photo of the rear inner seat mounting hole and the riser that is supposed to be used in a factory manner? Also any ideas on here a guy could find 2 of those Ford risers? If you had locations for the rear inner holes of both seats that would be a big help for those that don't have actual seats yet to figure out the hole locations....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home